Pediatric Speech Therapy in Surprise AZ
- Is your child struggling with speech? Do not take it lightly! Disorders like Childhood Apraxia of Speech, Dysarthria, Speech Sound Disorders, Stuttering, and language-based learning difficulties can be medically concerning problems. Addressing speech and language disorders in early childhood can be crucial to establishing foundational communication skills before school.
- At TEAM4Kids, we truly understand your child’s difficulties with speech. We offer assessment and therapeutic solutions to identify and treat their difficulties. The assessment process begins with an all-inclusive examination of the child’s development in the areas of expressive language (speaking and communicating), receptive language (understanding spoken language), pragmatic language (proper social use of language), fluency, articulation, and the oral peripheral speech mechanism. Based upon our assessment, we recommend and offer specific therapeutic solutions that are proven to improve the child’s speech, learning, and language skills.
- Pediatric Speech therapy for children at TEAM4Kids aims to fully treat speech difficulties and support the best possible growth in Surprise, AZ.
If You Identify a Speech Problem in your Child
- If you see your toddler, child, or adolescent struggling to speak or understand what’s being said to them, consult a speech-language pathologist. Children’s speech and language specialists in the US suggest that if you sense any signs of speech difficulties, you pursue an evaluation as soon as possible. Delays in beginning therapy may contribute to increased delays in skills and an extended time needed to achieve age-appropriate communication. Starting early, while a child is most receptive, will have the most benefit for their development.
- By helping your child develop the best communication skills, you will give them the most important elements for creating valuable relationships and socializing with their peers. Get in touch with TEAM4Kids today!
TEAM4Kids – Developing the Best Communication Skills in Children
At TEAM4Kids, we aim to help children become active language learners, and clear, confident communicators. By customizing our pediatric speech therapy to suit the particular needs of each child, we offer comprehensive solutions to diverse speech disorders. Our team consists of Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Feeding Therapists, and Physical Therapists. We are all committed to collaborating and helping every parent improve their child’s linguistic abilities and overall growth.
When is the preschool group?
- Me and My Child Avondale – Tues 12 Peoria – Thurs 10:30 Surprise Fri 3
- Social Superheroes Avondale – Tues 4:30 Peoria Tues 4 Surprise Wed 4:15
- Social Sidekicks Avondale – Wed 4:30 Peoria Wed 3:30 Surprise Tues 4
- Social Detectives Avondale – Thurs 4:30 Peoria Wed 4:30 Surprise Mon 5
How long will my child need speech therapy?
Every child is given a thorough assessment by our highly trained Speech Language Pathologists. During this assessment they will develop a customized plan for your child.
Is it normal for a 4 year old to not speak clearly?
Most children should be understood 100% of the time by age 4. It is typical for a child to produce some speech sound errors, however, their message should be easily communicated to peers and familiar adults.
What are your hours of operation?
We are open Monday-Thursday from 7:30-6pm, Fridays from 7:30-5pm and Saturdays from 8-5:30pm
How long does it take to get an appointment?
Our therapists are in high demand, however, your flexibility will determine how soon we can schedule the initial evaluation. We have been very successful at moving appointments to an earlier date once scheduled.
How do you test my child’s speech and language development?
We use standardized tests as well as informal assessments to assess your child’s speech and language development. We will then provide a customized treatment plan for your child.
How do I know if your clinic is the right fit for my child?
Come try us out! All of our therapist are trained to work with many different children with a variety of personality types. It is our goal to make every family feel like part of our team.
What payment options do you accept?
We accept cash, card or check. We also accept Class Wallet.
Will I attend my child’s speech therapy session?
Yes! You will have a choice to sit in the session with your child or wait for your child in our waiting room or in our parent lounge, equipped with a coffee bar and massage chair.
What are your hours?
We are open at all locations Monday-Friday from 7:30am-6:00pm and on Saturdays in our Surprise clinic from 8:00am-5:30pm.
Where do you hold speech therapy sessions?
Speech therapy sessions our held in individual and group treatment rooms in one of our 3 clinics.
Can a child with speech delays catch up?
Yes, children with speech delays are able to catch up to same aged peers.
What is the right age for a child to start speaking?
Children develop at different rates. By 12 months your child should be pointing, waving, and performing other basic non-verbal gestures for communication. Around two years of age your child should have approximately 50 words and the skill to combine words into two-word phrases should be emerging.
How long are therapy sessions?
Our speech therapy sessions are 30 minutes for individual sessions and 60 minutes for groups and classes.
How do I schedule an appointment?
Call one of our amazing Patient Care Coordinators at 1-800-376-3440 and they will be happy to answer any questions and get you scheduled.
Do you provide written reports of my child’s progress?
Yes! At your child’s initial evaluation you will be provided with a report of the therapists findings as well as a treatment plan. You will then get updated reports every 3 months on your child’s progress.
What would be the cost of speech therapy treatment?
We accept all insurance plans. Your insurance benefits will determine how much of your treatment is covered. If speech therapy isn’t covered by your insurance plan we have affordable options to lower the cost of treatment. We don’t want finances to get in the way of your child’s therapy needs. If you have concerns about the cost of care all us to schedule a free screening so you can learn first hand the benefits of therapy for your child.
Will my insurance cover the cost of therapy?
We accept all insurance plans. Your insurance benefits will determine how much of your treatment is covered. We don’t want finances to get in the way of your child’s therapy needs. if you have concerns about the cost of care call us to schedule a free screening so you can learn first hand the benefits of therapy for your child.
What is the right age for speech therapy?
Early intervention is proven to help children’s overall development, however, it is never too late! As soon as you have concerns about your child’s speech and language development, give us a call!
What should I bring to the appointment?
A parent or guardian that is able to answer questions about the child’s speech and language and your child.