Me and My Child
What is Me and My Child?
Me and My Child is a fun way to work on social skills and language through play skills in a peer environment. It includes hands on parent and child interaction of the skills taught during the session. This group is for children 18 months – 3 years old. It focuses on helping children learn language through parallel play and cooperative play.
Who benefits from Me and My Child?
Me and My Child is for children who need to work on playing with peers, using early language during play with peers, and to help parents feel confident with knowing how to prompt their child to use more language at home.
What activities do you do in this group?
The following activities are generally completed each week:
- Interactive story time
- Singing time to target imitation of actions and/or words
- Group free play to target imitation of actions, words, and peer interaction
- A craft to target requesting and early vocabulary
What skills are required for my child to attend this group?
The following skills are recommended before starting the group:
- Sitting and attending for a few minutes at a time
- Tolerate hand over hand assistance to complete fine motor tasks
- Tolerate short books and singing Redirectable
- Working on imitating sign language or verbal requesting
- Appropriate listening skills
When is the Me and My Child group?
Me and My Child is currently offered:
- Tuesdays at 12:00pm in our Avondale clinic
- Thursdays at 10:30am in our Peoria clinic
- Fridays at 3:00pm in our Surprise clinic