Benefits of Group Exercise Classes In Peoria AZ
- Classes give a child the feeling of being a positive contribution. In the classes at T.E.A.M for Kids, the kiddos are given many tasks throughout and are encouraged to complete all skills alongside their peers. When kiddo is able to see others completing a difficult task and are not able to move on without the entire group, they realize their effort matters in the group.
- Working Well with Others:
- In a group setting, everyone creates a learning environment. Whether it is about learning a new skill or learning how to stay focused when others are being disruptive. Many of the classes here at T.E.A.M 4 Kids involve partner games and activities. In order to complete a task successfully, each child must work well with a friend in the class. When a child is partnered with a kiddo who requires a bit more time to complete a skill, this kiddo has the opportunity to learn patience and positive teamwork.
- When kiddos are surrounded by other kiddos, they are exposed to what may be great behavior or quite the opposite. This gives the children an opportunity to learn patience, sharing, when to speak or raise their hand, and how to listen/ follow directions closely. When a child is more advanced than the others in the class, this gives them the opportunity to be an example or role model to the other classmates. In comparison, when a child is falling behind on the class skills, they are encouraged to watch other classmates and learn from kiddos similar in age.
- Empathy and Encouragement:
- This one is my personal favorite. Group classes are an incredible opportunity to reduce bullying and building a positive self-image for others and ourselves. We, as physical therapists., constantly encourage appraise to kiddos doing a skill properly and encourage kiddo who may be struggling with a task. Many of the classes are built around teamwork and a team is only to build up all of their teammates. We teach a child to acknowledge when a teammate is doing well or struggling so they applaud and cheer them on either way. Teamwork makes the dream work!
If you feel that your child would benefit from a group fitness class, please contact us at T.E.A.M 4 Kids in Surprise or Peoria and we can find the most appropriate class for your kiddo!
Lauren Yoshida, PT, DPT, ATC